Frigo Cheese Heads Names Contest Winners
Frigo Cheese Heads announced the 21 winners of its “Build a Bright Future” contest, which helps tweens take their talents and dreams to the next level through their share of $50,000 in prize money. The contest encouraged parents and guardians to nominate their high-achieving tweens who are pursuing their passions, empowering others, and supporting causes important to them.
The $10,000 grand prize-winner is Boone Donley, a 12-year-old from Casper, Wyo., who was selected for his inspiring efforts to end bullying. At just 9 years old, Donley started an anti-bullying initiative by handing out stickers at local events and has since sent ‘Encouragement Kits’ to kids in 38 states and nine countries to help them feel connected and empowered. Donley also takes an active role in his community by distributing military care packages and leading local toy and coat drives.
Donley was one of about 1,000 kids who were nominated through the contest, which ran from Oct. 12 through Dec. 9, 2022. Parents and guardians shared stories of their tweens’ passions and talents in music, arts, sports, gaming, science, technology and charitable pursuits, and advocated for why their kid deserved to win.
“The Frigo Cheese Heads brand champions creativity and self-expression, and the ‘Build a Bright Future’ contest was designed to encourage the next generation to pursue their passions,” said David Cherrie, Saputo USA Vice President, Marketing and Innovation. “We are enthusiastic about the impressive things kids are putting their time into, from music, philanthropy, art, coding, to cooking and more. It is an honor to provide this award to these incredible tweens. We hope the prizes can motivate them to keep working hard and dreaming big.”
A total of 20 runners-up were also selected to each receive a $2,000 cash prize:
- Jimmy Adams, 12, of Mint Hill, N.C., collects and donates bottles for environmental conservation.
- Victoria Woodruff, 11, of Imperial, Mo. makes videos for those with disabilities and hopes to become a special-education teacher.
- Kierlin Duncan, 13, of West Lake Hills, Texas, is learning music production and has ambitions to become a DJ.
- Preston Elliott, 12, of Hoover, Ala., hopes to pursue his passion for cooking with a culinary education.
- Briana Cheatham, 15, Sand Lake, Mich., has a passion for competitive dance and cheerleading.
- Charlie Franklin, 9, of Bunnell, Fla., hopes to start her own gaming YouTube channel.
- Adam Freeman, 12, of Royse City, Texas, aspires to become a virtual reality content creator.
- Foster Holt, 10, of Lexington, Ky., makes movies with friends and hopes to take classes about filmmaking.
- Draven Shelton, 13, of Fairfield, Iowa, enjoys fishing and would love to become a professional fisherman.
- Chloe Le, 9, of Pittsford, N.Y., loves to play tennis and dreams of playing professionally.
- Braylen Hart, 13, of Mansfield, Pa., enjoys concepting with building blocks and hopes to become an engineer.
- Diego Montijo, 14, of Laveen, Ariz., aims to inspire change in his community through leadership roles at school.
- Elliott Tsolis, 12, of Bristol, Conn., dreams of starting a national organization to help kids dealing with bereavement.
- Lyaddie Smart, 14, of Wesley Chapel, Fla., would like to become a doctor.
- Keeleigh Cordes, 12, of Seymour, Ind., participates in skateboarding competitions.
- Josh Williams, 11, of San Antonio, Texas, is a drummer who would like to join a drumming program for kids.
- Peyton McCarty, 12, of Grandville, Mich., loves playing the cello as part of her school orchestra.
- Levi Gazaway, 11, of Dalton, Georgia, has a heart for animals and dreams of opening an animal sanctuary.
- Jadira Lacy, 9, of Lawrenceville, Ga., is a budding gardener who loves growing fruit trees.
- Dylan Sargent, 16, of Wallins Creek, Ky., is passionate about helping others and puts together kits with groceries and necessities for people in his community.
Keep Up To Date On Cheese Industry News
Find all of HART Design & Manufacturing’s current industry news here.
Source: Dairy Foods