3 X 12 Wrapper
The HART Design & Manufacturing 3 x 12 wrapper, with its stainless steel sanitary frame construction, can wrap 3- to 5-pound loaves of slice on slice or vertically stacked ribbon cheese in a variety of films at speeds up to 45 loaves per minute, while helping you maintain a hygienic environment for your food products.
Speed Changes During Operation are a Snap with the HART 3 x 12 Wrapper
To fit your floor plan, the HART 3 x 12 wrapper can be supplied with either a side auto infeed or optional ‘C’ flow auto infeed.
Speed changes can be made while the 3 x 12 wrapper is operating. Fault indicators provide the operator with diagnostic information on items such as:
- Low air pressure
- Broken harp wires
- Film feed
- Open doors
- Safety guards
- Additional diagnostic information can be provided as an option
Shown with optional stacker and infeed.
3-pound and 5-pound stacked ribbon loaves are conveyed to the auto feeder which automatically indexes a flow of cheese loaves to the conveyor flights of the 3 x 12 wrapper. The wrapper’s elevator lifts the loaf through a wire harp, which cuts the loaf into shorter lengths. The film unit then feeds and cuts a single sheet of film. The wrapper’s elevator lifts the loaf of cheese into the sheet of film, which is then tucked underneath the cheese loaf. As the loaf is advanced by the overhead paddle system, a film overlap is created on the bottom of the loaf. This overlap is sealed when the overhead paddles advance the loaf onto a heat sealing bar. Progressive folders create a diamond fold at each end of the loaf, which is heat-sealed in the last station. The package is then discharged for case packing.
3×12 Wrapper Features
- Intermittent overhead paddle drive
- Programmable cam switches used for timing functions
- Single film feed unwind
- “On demand” cutoff knife control (knife only operates after a film feed)
- No product, no film feed
- Quick-change serrated knife design
- Cluster lubrication system
- Standard 6” diameter core chucks (15” dia. max)
- Static eliminator for film feed
- Side auto infeed: allows harping capability of elevator or transfer. Not recommended for vertical stack speeds faster than 30 pkg/min
- Clutch operated film feed
- Broken harp wire detection with system with machine shutdown control and fault indicator
- Designed and built to USDA Dairy standards
- NEMA 4x stainless steel enclosures
- Sanitary ball feet with ± 2.5” adjustment
- Stainless steel sanitary frame construction
- USDA inspected and approved
- Category 3 electrical safety circuit
- PLC controls with PanelView touchscreen
- Servo-controlled to unwind for increased adjustability
- Improved harp design to increase cleanliness
- All servo-controlled machine to increase speed and accuracy
- Improved changeover time on autofeeder, harps, pushers, elevators, etc.