In the performance of respective tasks and duties all HART employees are expected to perform his/her work in accordance to the HART values: Integrity, Quality, Customer-Employee-Family Focus, Continuous Improvement, Accountability and Safety.
Performs a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications. Works on assignments that are complex in nature, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
Normally receives very little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments. Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs bench-type processes and floor assembly to complete mechanical and electrical assemblies and subassemblies, using hand tools and electronic and pneumatic tooling.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department leader.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Performs prescribed preventive maintenance on machines as required per P.M. charts.
- Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimum supervision.
- Technical Capacity.
- Learning Orientation.
- Time Management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Four 10-hour days is occasionally permitted. Flex time is permitted if schedule allows.
- Overtime and weekend work may be required as workload dictated.
Assembly personnel is required to travel up to 25% of the time assisting the Field Service Team on installations.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a certified technical school, preferred
- Five years of related experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualification
- Skill in operating various shop equipment and hand tools as well as precision measurement tools
- Blueprint reading, shop math, and understanding of measuring devices
- Ability to professionally communicate and work with others in both the Engineering, Procurement and Production/Assembly teams
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Must be self-motivated and positive
HART Design & Manufacturing is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities as well as other qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or other protected class status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.