Due to sustained company growth and expanding engineering, manufacturing and assembly departments, HART Design & Manufacturing, is seeking a technically skilled individual experienced in Field Service to support the assembly, installation, startup, debug and troubleshooting of automation machinery and systems.
Ability to obtain US Passport Required.
This position requires approximately 50% travel (+/- based on book of business) Domestic and International.
The successful candidate will have experience working on a team of assembly technicians and other field service technicians while being supported by mechanical and electrical engineers. The individual will be a part of a team that is responsive, competitive and solutions driven. The candidate must be committed to meeting company and customer expectations and be able to perform activities concerned with the installation and startup of automated machinery and systems.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties all HART employees are expected to perform his/her work in accordance to the HART values: Integrity, Quality, Customer-Employee-Family Focus, Continuous Improvement, Accountability and Safety.
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities include:
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Confer with customer and company supervisory personnel, contractors, and design professionals to identify, discuss, document, communicate and resolve tasks and issues.
- Plan, organize, and perform activities concerned with the installation, startup & debug and operation of machines and systems.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, production related issues and emergencies at customer locations.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with safety codes.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements include:
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Design – Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Systems Analysis – Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Mechanical – Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Management of Material Resources – Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment and materials needed to do complete the projects.
Education requirements include:
A technical degree/certificate or equivalent years of experience and a minimum of 3-5 years working with custom machinery and providing solutions including working in the field with customers and suppliers.
The right candidate will have an innate drive to excel and will be committed to meeting company and customer expectations. Qualified individual will have excellent communication, documenting, planning, organizing, troubleshooting, some MS Office, and computer skills. Knowledge of machine design, material handling, automation, machine tooling, manufacturing processes and maintenance methods are beneficial.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.