WCMA Accepting Applications For New Collaborative Market Access Grants
New and experienced Wisconsin dairy exporters may apply now for grants to help bring their world-class products to the global marketplace. Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association (WCMA) has funds available to support nine dairy companies in growing their businesses through trade shows, marketing and promotion, consulting services, and export education.
“Wisconsin dairy manufacturers are enthusiastic about meeting the growing global demand for dairy, and these awards will offer meaningful support to help them reach consumers around the world,” said WCMA Executive Director John Umhoefer.
WCMA gained funds from the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation’s (WEDC) Collaborative Market Access Grants (CMAG), and companies that sign on to accept these grant funds will be allowed to participate in any of the following industry trade shows in 2023:
- Gulfood, February 20-24
- SIAL America, March 28-30
- Food&HotelAsia, April 25-28
- SIAL Canada, May 9-11
- Food & Hospitality China, May 10-12
- Anuga, October 7-11
- Food&HotelVietnam, November 21-23
Awards may be used for the following trade show expenses:
- Registration and booth expenses for an international trade show/exhibit
- Registration for international conferences/meetings where the company is presenting and having business meetings to increase its international exports
- Shipping charges to and from the show for booth, display, samples, literature, and/or equipment
- In-country interpreter services during an approved trip
- Costs associated with foreign-language translation of brochures and supporting materials at a trade show
- Design services, printing, marketing and advertising associated with trade show participation
WCMA can award reimbursable grants of up to $15,000 through a non-competitive process, and applicants are not required to be members of WCMA. A 30 percent grant match is required. Costs incurred prior to a company or cooperative’s application for funds are not eligible for reimbursement.
“Our thanks go to Governor Tony Evers, WEDC Secretary, and CEO Missy Hughes, and Wisconsin’s legislative leaders for their enthusiastic support of programs that help grow the state’s dairy processing industry, and boost dairy exports,” added Umhoefer.
Questions about the CMAG program may be directed to WCMA Grants & Business Programs Director Danica Nilsestuen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 673-5547.
Keep Up To Date On Cheese Industry News
Find all of HART Design & Manufacturing current industry news here.