Registration For 2023 WCMA Leadership Trainings
Stay ahead and make plans to take advantage of the next round of leadership trainings offered by the Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association (WCMA) beginning in January 2023. Registration for these popular sessions is now open to WCMA members at WisCheeseMakers.org/Trainings.
“As dairy processors navigate the challenges of a tight labor market, investing in the growth of managers and supervisors who boost productivity and inspire collaboration is key to retaining a quality team,” said John Umhoefer, WCMA Executive Director. “WCMA offers training opportunities tuned to the unique environment of dairy processing, to help your key staff develop into great team leaders.”
Front-Line Leadership Goes Virtual
New and seasoned supervisors will benefit from WCMA’s Front-Line Leadership classes, designed to help build critical skills in conflict resolution, communication, stress and time management, and the cultivation of a team mentality. Since 2017, over 500 trainees have graduated from the Front-Line Leadership program. This engaging series has three parts that are offered a la carte and may be taken in any order. The cost per part is $135 for each attendee.
In 2023, these Front-Line Leadership classes will be offered live online only, allowing participants to join the interactive trainings from anywhere in the world:
- Part A, offered on Tuesday, January 31, and Tuesday, February 7, will focus on developing essential leadership skills.
- Part B, offered on Tuesday, March 14, and Tuesday, March 21, will provide strategies to help supervisors boost staff performance.
- Part C, scheduled for Tuesday, April 18, and Tuesday, April 25, will help trainees learn to foster a collaborative team mindset in their workplace.
Advanced Leadership Stays Virtual
WCMA’s highly rated Advanced Leadership Series also returns in fall 2023. Open to mid-level managers in dairy processing and employees transitioning to management positions, this unique series features guest speakers from industry, thoughtful group discussions, and a final project designed to help participants showcase their new knowledge. Tuition for this course is just $495 per person and enrollment is limited to 20 participants who undergo the training as a cohort.
All three parts of this series will be offered live online in 2023:
- Part 1 on Tuesday, September 19 pushes participants to take initiative in driving change and generating positive results for their company.
- Part 2 on Wednesday, November 1 focuses on the development and application of a creative and collaborative problem-solving process.
- Part 3 on Tuesday, January 9, 2024 details the tools and strategies leaders can use to foster collaboration and resolve workplace conflict.
WCMA members interested in joining the spring sessions may register online now at WisCheeseMakers.org/Trainings. Questions can be directed to WCMA’s Rebekah Sweeney at email@example.com or (608) 673-5538.
Keep Up To Date On Cheese Industry News
Find all of HART Design & Manufacturing current industry news here.