Start Your Career with HART
We are always looking for driven and talented people to enhance the HART Design & Manufacturing team. HART is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Important Note: Due to the large number of responses we receive to our job postings, only those applicants with the needed experience, applicable educational requirements, and qualifications will be acknowledged.
Please email H_DeGrave@hartdesign.com or use the form on this page to upload your resume and letter of interest.
Current Job Openings
These job descriptions are intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. The descriptions do not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, these descriptions do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Click on the position title for more information.
HART Design & Manufacturing, a global leader in the design and construction of standard and customized stainless steel, servo-controlled equipment for use in the food and dairy industry, with an emphasis on process and natural cheese production lines is seeking an experienced Mechanical Designer to join our team in Green Bay.
The ideal candidates will be an experienced professional who possess excellent communication, planning, organization, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, MS Office, and computer skills along with the ability to work closely with a group of professionals including: engineers/designers, assemblers, skilled machinists, sales, project managers, vendors and clients. Knowledge of machine design, automation, machine tooling, manufacturing processes and maintenance methods is a requirement. Experience in the food, dairy and sanitary stainless steel industries is preferred.
In addition the ideal candidate should have:
- Project management skills and a commitment to meet expectations
- Background in custom design and build of machines and automated systems
- Experience in product development, product design and validation to support prototyping of one-off designs and solutions utilizing cross-functional teams
- Manufacturing knowledge to support the design of manufacturability into product development and providing accurate bills of material
- Skills in mechanical design, electromechanical design, pneumatics, hydraulics, material & component selection, feasibility, prototyping and testing
- Ability to determine product and project specifications
- Proficient in the use of engineering calculations to drive and support design decisions
- Strong background in manufacturing processes
- Proficient with SolidWorks or other parametric modeling software and AutoCAD
- Willingness to travel to customer and supplier locations
- Ability to support and assist sales with supporting documentation and details utilized to produce competitive quotes.
Candidates must be capable of:
- Incorporate both functionality and cost in designs
- Promoting continuous improvement in the engineering department by supporting innovation and creativity
- Managing suppliers with respect to cost and expectations when relative
- Promoting building relationships throughout the company, with customers and suppliers
- Taking a hands-on, get-it-done attitude
Education requirements include an Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Design or similar program or equivalent experience and 5 plus years of progressive/relevant experience.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the large number of responses we receive to our job postings, only those applicants with the needed experience, applicable educational requirements, and qualifications will be acknowledged. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. HART Design & Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.